January 16, 2012

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip

I am a cookie fiend! I was craving something sweet and decided to make some with the ingredients I had on hand. I just happened to have a 3lb bag of Ocean Spray dried cranberries because they are one of my favorite snacks so they became the main ingredient. I blended a couple of recipes together as an experiment, and this is what I came up with:

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip

1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well blended. Add dried cranberries. Add white chocolate chips. Mix well. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets at least 2 inches apart. Bake 10 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes before placing on wire racks to cool.

They were easy to make and definitely satisfied my craving.


YUM!

No comments: